Those of you who are also my Facebook friends see the difference when you read my blog. I'm so much more open here; most FB people can figure out my political leanings, but on my blog(which I pay for), I feel free to write about all the details, snark included. Ashley claims I tend to overshare, thus this post might be too much for some of you. That's OK because I need to write it more than you need to read it. Capisce?
- Although I'm not necessarily overweight, I hate parts of my body. Bra shopping is particularly painful for me because I still want the boobs I had in my younger years. Enough said? I've figured out that exercise bras are the most comfortable; mine are approximately 100 years old and I need new ones. However, I want the kind that have a LOT of spandex(Champion brand) and they aren't in the stores I went to today. Shopping is SO PAINFUL!
- I wear boys' shorts and men's tees. I like mesh running shorts that apparently aren't for women, and I prefer "normal" tee-shirts, not the tight, v-neck, butterfly sleeve ones that are marketed for females.
- Sometimes I don't tell(especially on Facebook) where I'm going or what I'm doing because I'll deal with issues. "Why didn't you stop by to visit me?" "You're DATING?" After all these years, I'm getting a bit more private, especially since Patt's nephews are my Facebook friends and one of them gossips a LOT. I can only imagine how that branch of the family would react about me dating an East Indian doctor. They are very racist, as Patt and I found out when his mom was in the hospital. I won't repeat their comments here, but even thinking of them makes my blood boil. (also on my list of anger inducing secrets is how much I despise the GOP candidates for President!)
- Speaking of dating, I've talked with several wise friends who stress to me that I don't have to commit yet, that I can tell guys that I'm not ready for that type of relationship, and that I may not want a LTR. The key word is "may not." If they can't accept that, I can move on because I have control of the situation! I just have to rehearse what I'll do/say if they do bring up exclusive dating/LTRs. I don't want to hurt anyone, yet I need to look after myself first and foremost.
- Changing my mind about things and not owing anyone any explanations or feeling any guilt is OK. At this stage of my life(or perhaps at any time?) I have the right to do what's best for ME. That could mean not meeting others' expectations, always tough for a first born perfectionist.
- Alison and Kramer are in Siem Reap, Cambodia and I dearly wish I had been invited there, although the trip wouldn't have been as "easy" as the 11 hour direct flight to Incheon, then the 6 hour direct flight to Phuket. Still, Cambodia looks very intriguing; I'm particularly jealous of their visit to Angkor Wat, which seems incredible. I'm also envious of Ashley's trip to Prague! I'm trying to be thankful that I could spend some time in Thailand, in spite of my preference for these other more culturally vibrant places; does it make me an awful person to feel dissatisfied with my life when I really should be grateful?